V N Karazin Kharkiv National University Ukraine, Europe
- V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University is one of the oldest universities in Eastern Europe.
- It was founded in November 1804, on the initiative of the prominent educator V.N. Karazin.
- Today the University rates among the best Ukrainian classical universities and is known in many countries.
- The University has graduated over 130,000 students.
- Its offspring are the National Academy of Law, the National Pharmaceutical Academy, Kharkiv Medical University, Kharkiv Pedagogical University, the Kharkiv Veterinary Academy, the Kharkiv Academy of Culture, Kharkiv Economic University and other institutions of higher education.
- Kharkiv National University has 21 Schools: the School of Biology, the School of Physics & Technology, the School of Radio Physics, the School of Physics, the School of Computer Sciences, the School of Philosophy, the School of Mechanical Engineering, the School of Geology & Geography, the School of Economics, the School of Foreign Languages, the School of History, the School of Philology, the School of Fundamental Medicine, the School of Chemistry, the School of Sociology, the School of Psychology, the School of Law, the School of International Economic Relations & Tourism, the School of Further Education & Retraining, the School of Physics & Energy.
- The University employs up to 1,500 faculties.
- Kharkiv National University is one of the largest research centers in Ukraine.
- It covers virtually all spheres of modern fundamental research and incorporates the Research Institutes of Chemistry, Biology, and Astronomy, the Institute of Physics and Engineering, and the Institute of High Technologies.
Within the framework of international programs its researchers co-operate with scientists from the USA, Canada, Russia, Germany, Turkey, China, Japan, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Great Britain and other countries.
- Since 1808 the University has its own Astronomical Observatory which is one of the leading astronomical centers of Ukraine involved in fundamental & applied research in the Physics of the Sun, the planets, asteroids, comets & satellites.
- The University's Botanical Garden was founded in 1804 and is the oldest botanical garden in Ukraine.
- The University's Natural History Museum was founded in 1807 and is one of the oldest university museums in the world.
- In October 1999, according to the decree of the President of Ukraine, Kharkiv State University gained the status of a national university and was named in honor of its founder, V.N. Karazin.
- In 2003, following the decree of the President of Ukraine, V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University obtained the highest status of a self-governing (autonomous) state university.
V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University is involved in extensive international cooperation and is an active member of the international community of the leading European and world universities. It cooperates with 61 partners in 25 countries of the world.
- Together with other major European universities, in 1988 Kharkiv National University signed the Great University Charter that initiated the Bologna Process.
- The University is a co-founder of the Eurasian University Association and is a member the World and the European University Associations.
The process of Europe unification has been accompanied by the establishment of a common education and research framework as well as development of uniform criteria and standards in this field within the whole continent. This process is called the Bologna Process after the University of the City of Bologna, where those initiatives were launched.
The Bologna Process started on 19 June 1999 in Bologna (Italy), when Ministers for Education from 29 European countries signed the Bologna Declaration. The member-states agreed their common requirements, criteria and standards for national systems of higher education and arranged for creating a common education and research area by 2010. The next stage of the Bologna Process took place in Prague on 19 May 2001, where the representatives of 33 European states signed the Prague Communiqué.
The third stage of the Bologna Process took place in Berlin on 18-19 September 2003, where a relevant Communiqué was signed. It was agreed to extend the all-European requirements and standards to cover doctoral degrees. Russia together with seven other countries was admitted to the Bologna Community (at present 40 European countries participate in the Bologna Process).
- Ukraine joined the Bologna Process in 2005. One of the main areas of the University international activity is the conduct of joint research programs by scholars from the university and researchers from other higher educational institutions/partner organizations.
The most effective cooperation is established with
- Belarusian State University (Belarus);
- St. Cyril and St. Methodius University of Veliko Turnovo, Sofia University ‘St. Kliment Ohridski’, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (Bulgaria);
- Anhui University, Harbin Institute of Technology (China);
- Sungkyunkwan University (Republic of Korea);
- University of Gdansk, Adam Mickiewicz University at Poznan (Poland);
- M. Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow Engineering Physics Institute (State University), Orel State University, Institute for Nuclear Research at Russian Academy of Sciences (Russia);
- Pavol Jozef Safarik University in Kosice (Slovakia);
- University Claude Bernard (Lyons I) (France);
- Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Max-Planck Institute of Plasma Physics (Germany),
- As well as with universities of the Transborder Belarusian-Russian-Ukrainian University Consortium.
Send documents required for admission at the time of Application, through person / courier / email:-
- Color scanned copy / photocopy of Application form duly filled.
- Color Passport photographs for application – (4 cms. x 4.5 cms. with white background, 75% face).
- Color Scanned copy / photocopy of valid passport / in case of applied – photocopy of passport application receipt.
- Color Scanned copy / photocopy of marks certificate of 10th class
- Color Scanned copy / photocopy of marks certificate 12th class.
- Color Scanned copy / photocopy of Date of Birth by Government authority.
Apply for a passport online today itself, save yourself from last minute rush. It is not too costly, but to be on safer side apply for a passport TODAY even if you are sure or hope or succeed to get admission in India.