University of Perpetual Help, Philippines
Greetings from “Admission Advisor” on behalf of University of Perpetual Help, Philippines.
- University of Perpetual Help, Philippines is a leading University in Manila - Capital of the Philippines.
- It offers a 5.5 years BA-MD degree which is equal to the MBBS Degree in India.
- On Campus Hostel and Indian foods are available.
University of Perpetual Help System (UoPH), Philippines
University of Perpetual Help System (UoPH), Philippines is a co-education Institution of higher learning located in Las Pinas City; Metro Manila, Philippines founded in 1975 by Dr. (Brigadier) Antonio Tamayo, Dr. Daisy Tamayo, and Ernesto Crisostomo as Perpetual Help College of Rizal (PHCR). It has nine campuses offering over 70 courses in 20 colleges. The University inculcates the Perpetualite values, teachings and principles. Graduate of UoPH call themselves Perpetualites with Alumni Chapters in Philippines and USA. The institute was given University Status in 1997 by CHED.
The School of Medicine in UoPH began in 1996, It Offers the Doctor of Medicine Degree or MD in Philippines. The Degree is recognized by Medical Council of India as equal to the MBBS in India. MD Degree from University of Perpetual Help, Philippines entails full time Medical Education in the Philippines which is equal to MD in the USA and MBBS in the UK and MBBS in India, The Medical Degree and the Medical School is listed and / or recognized by the whole World - CHED Philippines, WHO, Medical Board of California (USA), MCI, USMLE, FAIMER, General Medical Council – UK, etc.
Advantages of Philippines
- A former colony of USA. Follows US pattern.
- English is Official Language like India. All citizens speak English (unlike in China, Russia or Ukraine) - No need to learn any foreign Language!!
- Excellent Teachers - some of who are educated in USA - superior Quality.
- Rotating Internship / Clerkship in USA possible.
- Philippines is the highest provider of nurses & Doctors to the USA.
- Medical Graduates are eligible to apply for
- ECFMG certification and USMLE examinations for working in the USA.
- Canadian & Australia Medical Council licensing & State registration exams.
- UK PLAB & Ireland registration exams.
- MCI Screening Test for Registration in India.
Degree is recognized by
- California Board of Medicine, CFGNS USA & CHED - Govt. of Philippines, MCI.
- Visa conversion in Philippines = 700 $ one time.
- If student is below 18 years, then SSP fees @ 300 $ every 3 months.
- Visa Renewal from 2nd year onwards is $302.
- Air travel on actual.
- Hostel & Food: Approx. Rs.13000–14000 per Month
- Indian Food is available.
Other Expenses: Visa Extension, Visa Conversion, ACR Registration, Medical Test, NBI Registration and Examination Fees = $850 (first year only).
Living Expenses: Hostel: Approx. Rs. 10,000 for a/c room in hostel (Non A/c room is Rs. 4000/month Private rental), AC Room outside campus is much cheaper. Food: Rs. 6000 per month from Indian canteen.
Why Perpetual? - University of Perpetual Help System Dalta (UPHSD) has been providing quality education for more than 40 years. UPHSD nurture students to become accomplished professionals who get employed not only in the Philippines but also abroad. We focus on the total development of our students, beginning with character building to mastery of skills, thus enable our graduates to get ahead in their careers.
Quality Education Program
We ensure high quality education to make students more competent. Our experience in the past forty years have allowed us to develop a comprehensive curriculum that allows students to understand and master the subject matter fully, enriching their learning experience.
We own and maintain a tertiary teaching and training hospital where students learn and acquire skills required by their healthcare professions. Our students are surrounded in an environment that encourages proficiency in their chosen field, whether it is in the Medical Field, Hospitality Industry, Law, Aviation, Education, Criminology, etc. This immersion in a workplace environment creates graduates that are mentally and emotionally ready to face the challenging demands of the real world.
As a result, the school boasts of board topnotchers and graduates that excel in their chosen careers. Every year, a UPH graduate emerges at the top ten of certified board exams. We work hand in hand with our students to ensure that they learn for understanding, from the classroom to the review session, and this is clearly reflected after they graduate.
Highly Competent & Caring Faculty and Administrators - are not just teachers but they are also friends, consultants, advisors and mentors who nurture students to develop their full potential. Theoretical knowledge and applied training are delicately balanced thus providing a holistic approach to learning.
Modern Equipment & Facilities - The University continually updates its modern facilities and equipment to prepare students with the required skills for evolving industry needs.
Local and International Affiliations - The University has established local and international linkages with prestigious institutions to further enhance the skills, competencies, and professional network of our globally competitive students to help them jumpstart their careers here and abroad.
Our campuses in Las Piñas, Molino, and Calamba are strategically located along major thoroughfares in their respective cities. It is accessible via all types of transportation, and its location in the south of Metro Manila makes it a more convenient destination for students, parents, and faculty alike, maximizing the use of their time, energy and resources for more productive activities.
University of Perpetual Help Las Pinas Campus - “Our young can only be assured of a better tomorrow by building the right kind of Character today” By these words and through the UPHD academic programs did the Man of Vision, Dr. Antonio Laperal Tamayo hone Filipinos to become a People of Mission and Action. Then known as the University of Perpetual Help Rizal, the Las Piñas campus of the University of Perpetual Help DALTA (UPHD) was founded in 1975 by Dr. Antonio L. Tamayo, and co-founded by his wife Dr. Daisy M. Tamayo and friend Mr. Ernesto Palanca Crisostomo. The founder’s passion to fulfill his nationalistic dreams was mainly directed to promoting a better quality of life for all Filipinos through the school’s course offerings.
The Perpetual Help College of Rizal established on February 5, 1975 in Las Piňas City now the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA Las Piňas.
In 1997, the Commission on Higher Education granted University status, thus the change of name to the University of Perpetual Help. The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA is one of the subsystems complementing the University of Perpetual Help System. The other subsystem is the University of Perpetual Help System JONELTA.
In subsequent years, the UPHSD established two branches as well as several agri-businesses which later incorporated into the DALTA Group of companies. The units of DALTA Group are located in Las Pinas City; Molino, Cavite; and Calamba City in Laguna. It also has a Medical Center in Las Piňas City.
In 1976, the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA – Calamba was established.
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA subscribes to the institutional philosophy that national development and transformation is predicated upon the quality of education of its people. It is committed to the ideas of teaching, community service and research, with “Character Building is Nation Building” as its guiding principle. It is continuing in its efforts to achieve its objective of maintaining and sustaining excellence in education. It has instituted an extensive network of national and international linkages in Higher Education and Business. It has established its indelible Perpetualite identity as it steadfastly enshrines its Perpetualite values and aspirations.
Jonelta Foundation School of Medicine - The University of Perpetual Help System Dalta - JONELTA Foundation School of Medicine is a thriving community of educators, scientists, clinicians, students, and even lawyers working together to educate, learn, discern, heal, and serve. The curriculum promotes exhaustive research, collaborative learning, and individual initiative by providing a strong basic science preparation and extensive clinical experiences. Our main purpose is to promote compassionate, ethical, and competent medical practitioners ready to help people achieve healthy productive lives, advance knowledge in the medical sciences, and be informed advocates of change for a lifetime of achievement in the field of medicine.
The four-year medical course generally progresses from the study of the normal to the abnormal human being. Most of the subjects are yearly courses which are taken up for two semesters.
- The first year covers the normal Human Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Preventive Medicine & Community health, Psychiatry and Medical Practice I. Class lectures are delivered mostly through computers using LCD projectors complemented by slide/ film showing, laboratory work and group discussions. Pedagogy and Bioethics are incorporated in Principles of Medical Practice I. An introduction to medical Informatics is incorporated in Preventive Medicine and Community Health before the biostatistics session. Problem-based learning is gradually introduces in certain topics in Biochemistry and Physiology.
- The second year deals with Pathology, Microbiology, Parasitology, Pharmacology, Preventive Medicine and Community Health, Psychiatry II and Medical Economics plus introductory courses in clinical subjects. In small groups, students begin to meet patients in actual hospital setting where they are introduced to history taking and physical examination.
- The third year involves didactic lectures on common diseases encountered in clinical practice as well as interesting or rare conditions. Pathophysiology is reviewed while clinical features, diagnostic approaches and principles of management are emphasized.
- The fourth year or clinical clerkship is mainly spent in actual patient care with the JONELTA section of the University of Perpetual DALTA Medical Center serving as the clinical laboratory. Hospital rounds and group discussions give the student a good perspective on bedside manners, diagnosis and management. The clerks rotate through the different clinical departments for 48 weeks with periodic evaluation.
- University of Perpetual Help DALTA Medical Center
- Bacoor Health Centers in coordination with the Municipality of Bacoor, Cavite
- Philippine General Hospital Psychiatry Department
- St. Bernard Hospital (Chicago, Illinois)
- Loretto Hospital (Chicago, Illinois)
- Holly Cross Hospital (Chicago, Illinois)
- R.M.L. Chicago Specialty Hospital (Chicago, Illinois)
- Norwegian American Hospital (Chicago, Illinois)
- California State Board of Medicine
Send documents required for admission at the time of Application, through person / courier / email:-
- Color scanned copy / photocopy of Application form duly filled.
- Color Passport photographs for application – (4 cms. x 4.5 cms. with white background, 75% face).
- Color Scanned copy / photocopy of valid passport / in case of applied – photocopy of passport application receipt.
- Color Scanned copy / photocopy of marks certificate of 10th class
- Color Scanned copy / photocopy of marks certificate 12th class.
- Color Scanned copy / photocopy of Date of Birth by Government authority.
Comparison MBBS in Philippines & Other countries
Most of students’ dream of getting admission in a good government medical school at home or abroad by scoring high in the medical entrance examinations conducted by Ministry of Education but Studying MBBS in the private medical colleges of home-country is very expensive.
Studying MBBS in Philippines, China, Kyrgyzstan and Russia is undoubtedly a good choice for those who want to become good doctors. There are no capitation fees or donations to be paid to the universities abroad. The cost of higher education in these countries is highly regulated and subsidized by the Ministry of Education (MOE). They are very reasonable in contrast to universities in other countries. The cost of living is also relatively low compared with studying medicine in India and other countries.
Medical colleges in Philippines, China, Kyrgyzstan and Russia have very small and separate batches for local and international students, where the medium of teaching is English. In addition to affordability, the medical colleges there have robust infrastructure, advanced technology and good living conditions, claim students and doctors.
Studying MBBS in Philippines, China, Kyrgyzstan and Russia is not only less expensive than India, but colleges there also provide better facilities and teaching atmosphere. After the US, UK and Australia, Philippines, China, Kyrgyzstan and Russia are most popular destinations among Indians for a medical degree. "An MBBS in Philippines, China, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan and Russia can be a good stepping stone for people who want to become doctors, but do not have the means to do it in India or in other popular destinations such as the US or UK."
However, to be eligible to practice in India, doctors graduating from these universities have to clear a screening examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations under the directive of Medical Council of India.
Apply for a passport online today itself, save yourself from last minute rush. It is not too costly, but to be on safer side apply for a passport TODAY even if you are sure or hope or succeed to get admission in India.