Tianjin Medical University
Tianjin, 300070, P. R. China
International College of Integration of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Western Medicine
Medicine is a great human endeavour. Studying at medical schools can be a path to developing self-knowledge and lead to a rich and varied career. It is also academically demanding, very hard work and emotionally taxing. Each career path is a serious vocation.
A career in medicine offers doctors an opportunity to provide a service to the public through the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses, diseases and infections. Doctors are increasingly expected to provide social support to their patients.
- City of Tianjin where Tianjin Medical University is located is China's third largest city.
- Tianjin is 120 km away from the capital Beijing.
- Tianjin Medical University is in the community of Tianjin's Universities, abutting Tianjin University and Nankai University, with comfortable conditions for studying.
- The International College lies on the campus of Tianjin Medical University.
- Tianjin Medical University is the first medical institution built since the foundation of the People's Republic of China. The college was the first higher medical college which is approved by Administrative Council of People's Republic of China (PRC).
- Before 1993, Tianjin Medical University was Tianjin Medical College, founded in 1951. In 1993, the committee of Educational Department allowed the combination of Tianjin Medical College and Tianjin Secondary Hospital. The Tianjin Medical University was established.
- The University covers an area of 400,000 square meter; the total floor space of construction is 358,900 square meter. 8,419 people are working here, including 5,946 specialists with 1,092 having associated-senior title. 4,672 full-time students are studying here, including 336 graduates, 3,275 undergraduates, 991 training students and 70 abroad students.
- In 1981, The Academic Degrees Committee of the State Council has vested the University with full authority to confer bachelor, master and doctor degrees.
- The university has established 34 specialties with the authority to award master degrees and 11 with the authority to award doctoral degrees, two exchange-station for post-doctoral research, eight Colleges and four faculties.
- There are 9 branches in the University: Clinical Medicine, Anesthesiology, Medical Imaging, Nursing Care, Stomatology, Disease Prevention & Control, Pharmacology, Biomedical Engineering.
- The Tianjin Medical University is in possession of 7 University hospitals, 3 affiliated hospitals and 30 academic hospitals with near 5000 beds for students' practice.
- The library of the University has a collection of 510,000 books and subscribing 3000 domestic and abroad periodicals.
- The Ministry of Health designates the Library to be the state-library of National Medicine Resource-sharing Network. Currently, the ATM network of Remote Medical-Education and the Electronic Reading Room have been used and connected to the Tianjin Education and Research Network, China Education and Research Network and Internet.
Some majors of the University are national and municipal key medical science: national key major Chinese-Western Medicine Clinic(surgery), municipal key majors: Endocrinology and Metabolic Disease, Cancer, Neurology, Medical Imaging, Urological Surgery, Internal Medicine of Cardiovascular, Nuclear Medicine, General Surgery, the municipal developing majors: Micro-biology and immunology, Ophthalmology, Stomatology. The university also has 9 research institutes, Ministry of Health's 1 key lab and 9 temporary clinic medicine bases.
The Graduate Programs are conducted through fourteen supervisors for Ph.D. candidates in ten specialties, which are Internal Medicine (Cardiology, Endocrinology), Obstetrics & Gynecology, Surgery (Urinary surgery and Neurosurgery), Radiology, Ophthalmology, Integration of Traditional Chinese Medicine with Western Medicine, Neurology, and Microbiology. All these disciplines in the university are accredited with the authority to award Doctorate Degree, and thirty nine specialties to Master Degree.
Faculties & Specialties
Currently, the university has eight faculties with thirteen specialties:
Faculty of Medicine, which offers Clinical Medicine; Pediatrics; Anesthesiology; Rehabilitation Faculty of Stomatology, which offers Stomatology Faculty of Public Health, which offers Preventive Medicine; Nutrition & Food Hygiene Faculty of Nursing, which offers Nursing Science Faculty of Biomedical Engineering, which offers Biomedical Engineering; Optometry Faculty of Pharmacy, which offers Pharmacy Faculty of Medical Laboratory, which offers Medical Laboratory Science Faculty of Medical Imaging, which offers Medical Imaging Hospital Facilities.
The university now has affiliations with six of the city's large comprehensive hospitals and one dental hospital, with the University General Hospital being one of the most noted hospitals and the affiliated Tianjin Cancer Hospital, which is the largest cancer research and treatment center in China.
International Exchange & Corporation
Internationally, the university has established academic exchange programs with more than twenty medical schools and research organizations, mainly in the U.S.A., the Great Britain, Canada, Australia, Italy, Russia and South Korea.
Tianjin Medical University formally began to enroll the international applicants for the undergraduate and postgraduate studies in 1989. To date, international students from countries or regions including the U.S.A., Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, The Great Britain, Germany, Russia, South Korea, North Korea and Africa have graduated from the university, majoring in Traditional Chinese Medicine and Pharmacy, Acupuncture, and the Integration of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Western Medicine.
Apply for a passport online today itself, save yourself from last minute rush. It is not too costly, but to be on safer side apply for a passport TODAY even if you are sure or hope or succeed to get admission in India..